In this medical blog post, this time I am going to share USMLE Step 2 Secrets 4th Edition PDF Free with google drive link in order to make easiy and reliable downloading for our vlaued visitors. Ihope you will like USMLE Step 2 Secrets 4th Edition PDF Free as you like USMLE Step 1 2021 when i posted.
Concise and easy to use, USMLE Step 2 Secrets, by prolific author Theodore X. O’Connell, MD, is an effective, high-yield review for success on this high-stakes exam. Presented in the popular and proven Secrets question-and-answer format, this best-selling USMLE review book prepares you for the general diagnostic, treatment, and management questions you’ll face on the bullet-style USMLE exam.
|Book Name||USMLE Step 2 Secrets|
|Author of Book||Theodore X. O’ Connell|
Step 2 CK assesses an examinee’s ability to apply essential medical knowledge, skills, and understanding of clinical science to provide patient care under supervision and includes an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Step 2 CK ensures that due attention is devoted to the principles of clinical science and basic patient-centered skills that provide the foundation for safe and competent practice of medicine under supervision.
Step 2 CK is a one day test. It is divided into eight 60-minute blocks and administered in a 9-hour test session. The number of questions per block on a given exam will vary but will not exceed 40. The total number of items on the overall exam will not exceed 318.
Key features of USMLE Step 2 Secrets 4th Edition
This latest edition of USMLE STEP 2 has the follwoing key fetures in fourth edition
- Learn the most important questions and answers in the proven format of the acclaimed Secrets series.
- Master all specialty and subspecialty topics covered in Step 2.
Identify key facts in the “Top 100 Secrets.”
- Consult the book wherever you go thanks to a portable size that fits in the pocket of your lab coat.
- Review material quickly and easily with bulleted lists, algorithms, illustrations, and a new 4-color section featuring key clinical and pathology images.
- Apply tips, memory aids, and “secrets” compiled by Theodore X. O’Connell, MD, and used by students to pass exams.
- Find information quickly with a second color that highlights chapter and section titles, captions, bullet points and icons, and key terms.
- Benefit from comprehensive reviews that ensure a high-performing approach and the most up-to-date overview of board-tested content.
Topics of this 4th Edition
Fourth edition of Usmle Step 2 Secrets pdf discussed these topics in this version
1 – Acid-Base and Electrolytes
2 – Alcohol
3 – Biostatistics
4 – Cardiology
5 – Cholesterol
6 – Dermatology
7 – Diabetes Mellitus
8 – Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery
9 – Emergency Medicine
10 – Endocrinology
11 – Ethics
12 – Gastroenterology
13 – General Surgery
14 – Genetics
15 – Geriatrics
16 – Gynecology
17 – Hematology
18 – Hypertension
19 – Immunology
20 – Infectious Diseases
21 – Laboratory Medicine
22 – Nephrology
23 – Neurology
24 – Neurosurgery
25 – Obstetrics
26 – Oncology
27 – Ophthalmology
28 – Orthopedic Surgery
29 – Pediatrics
30 – Pharmacology
31 – Preventive Medicine
32 – Psychiatry
33 – Pulmonology
34 – Radiology
35 – Rheumatology
36 – Shock
37 – Smoking
38 – Urology
39 – Vascular Surgery
40 – Vitamins and Minerals
How do you analyze arterial blood gas values?
Remember three basic points:
1. pH tells you whether you are dealing with acidosis or alkalosis as the primary event. The body will
compensate as much as it can (secondary event).
2. Look at the carbon dioxide (CO2) value. If it is high, the patient either has respiratory acidosis
(pH < 7.4) or is compensating for metabolic alkalosis (pH > 7.4). If CO2 is low, the patient either has
respiratory alkalosis (pH > 7.4) or is compensating for metabolic acidosis (pH < 7.4).
3. Look at the bicarbonate value. If it is high, the patient either has metabolic alkalosis (pH > 7.4)
or is compensating for respiratory acidosis (pH < 7.4). If bicarbonate is low, the patient either has
metabolic acidosis (pH < 7.4) or is compensating for respiratory alkalosis (pH > 7.4).
List the signs and symptoms of hyponatremia.
- Mental status changes or confusionCramps
How do you determine the cause of hyponatremia?
The first step in determining the cause is to look at the volume status:
What clues suggest carotid stenosis? How is it diagnosed?
The classic presentation of carotid stenosis is a transient ischemic attack, especially amaurosis fugax, which is the sudden onset of transient unilateral blindness, sometimes described as a “shadow cast over one eye.” Physical examination may reveal a carotid bruit. Ultrasonography of the carotid arteries (carotid duplex scan) is used to diagnose and quantify the degree of stenosis.
Credit: USMLE Step 2 Secrets (fourth) Edition
You may also check
How to download Download USMLE Step 2 Secrets 4th Edition
I alwasy try to provide the direct link in order to make it easy for everyone. I only share data for educational purposes so I have updated the google drive direct link for USMLE Step 2 Secrets 4th Edition PDF Free. Just click on the donwload button and downloading will start automatically.
Do you like this post? Then share with other mates.