The best-selling Nursing Drug Guide, Nursing Drug Handbook for 41 years is reviewed annually and the latest, relevant information is added each year by pharmacists and nurses to help nurses and students with any health issues. Care settings require knowledge to administer medications safely. As with previous editions, the Nursing 2021 Drug Handbook pdf free by Wolters Kluwer emphasizes the nursing and safety aspects of drug administration without attempting to alter the detailed text of pharmacology. Only the most important information is included, and helpful graphic symbols, logos, and highlights draw special attention to important details that cannot be ignored.
Nursing is one of the most important and growing fields of medical science. There has been a lot of progress in nursing in recent years. Many books have been written to make nursing easier and more efficient. The Nursing 2021 Drug Handbook is one of the amazing books. Easy communication to learn and memorize medicines in nursing. Most nursing students use this book and appreciate its content. We also wrote book reviews and features. The PDF link is also given below. We hope you find it helpful.
What is Nursing:
Nursing involves the care and support of individuals of all ages, families, groups and communities, the sick or well, and in all settings. Nursing includes health promotion, disease prevention, and care for the sick, disabled and dying. Advocacy, promoting a safe environment, participating in research, health policy formulation and patient and health system management, and education is also important roles for nursing.
|Book Name||Nursing 2021 Drug Handbook|
|Author of Book||Wolters Kluwer|
41set Edition of Nursing 2021 Drug Handbook pdf has the following key features in the latest version.
- Approximately 3700 common names, brand names and combinations of medicines are in commendable form.
- New edition if updated with 43 brand new FDA approved drugs.
- This book contains drug monographs focused entirely on nursing.
- Full monograph tabbed section.
- This edition contains over 8,000 clinical updates – new doses and indications, black box warnings, adverse reactions, nursing thoughts, clinical alerts, and patient teaching information.
- American and Canadian drug safety issues are particularly focused.
The books also contained pictures of the recommended pills and capsules.
- Pregnancy-Lactation-Reproduction header in each monograph—captures all relevant information in one convenient place.
- Drug safety always at the forefront—includes a special chapter with updated
information on the safe administration of opioid analgesics; in addition, you’ll find numerous appendices covering drug safety guidelines, dosage alerts, best practices to avoid medication errors, pediatric drugs commonly involved in drug errors, and elder care medication tips.
- Addition of ISMP-recommended Tall Man letters to look-alike drug names
- Appendices on Prescription drug abuse: Identifying and treating toxicity;
Understanding biosimilar drugs; and Safe disposal of unused drugs: What patients need to know.
Appendices covering Canadian drugs and safety concerns—Do Not Use list (ISMP Canada), decision tree, and the official Canadian National Drug Schedules.
Drug actions, interactions, and reactions :
Any medication a patient takes causes a series of physical and chemical events in the body. The first case, when a drug is combined with cellular drug receptors, is a drug action. What happens next is the effect of drugs. Depending on the type of cellular drug receptors affected by the given drug, an effect can be local, systemic, or both. The effect of a systemic drug may follow the local effect. For example, when you apply medicine to the skin, it causes a local effect. But transdermal absorption of this drug can also have a systemic effect. A local effect may also follow military absorption. For example, the peptic ulcer drug ranitidine has a local effect after ingesting histamine receptors in the parietal cells of the stomach. Definite hydramine, on the other hand, causes systemic effects by blocking histamine receptors throughout the body.
Content of This Nursing Book:
Following is the content of this amazing nursing book Nursing 2021 Drug Handbook PDF Free
- Anatomy of a monograph
- Contributors and consultants
- How to use Nursing2019 Drug Handbook
- A quick guide to special symbols, logos, and highlighted terms
- Guide to Abbreviations
1. Drug actions, interactions, and reactions
2. Drug therapy across the lifespan
3. Safe drug administration
4. Selected therapeutic drug classifications
Alphabetical listing of drugs by the generic name New Drugs
1. Avoiding common drug errors: Best practices and prevention
2. Pregnancy risk categories: The FDA’s Final Rule
3. Controlled substance schedules
4. Abbreviations to avoid (The Joint Commission)
5. Pediatric drugs commonly involved in drug errors
6. Eldercare medication tips
7. Prescription drug abuse: Identifying and treating toxicity
8. Understanding biosimilar drugs
9. Nursing process: Patient safety during drug therapy
10. Serotonin syndrome: What you should know to protect your patients
11. Tumor lysis syndrome: A life-threatening emergency
12. Antidiarrheals: Indications and dosages
13. Antidotes: Indications and dosages
14. Selected biologicals and blood derivatives: Indications and dosages
15. Common combination drugs: Indications and dosages
16. Vaccines and toxoids: Indications and dosages
17. Vitamins and minerals: Indications and dosages
18. Antacids: Indications and dosages
19. Laxatives: Indications and dosages
20. Additional OTC drugs: Indications and dosages
21. Selected ophthalmic drugs: Indications and dosages
22. Do not use: Dangerous Abbreviations, symbols, and dose designations (ISMP Canada)
23. Decision tree: Deciding about medication administration
24. Canadian National Drug Schedules
25. Safe disposal of unused drugs: What patients need to know
26. Therapeutic drug monitoring guidelines
27. Less commonly used drugs: Indications and dosages
28. Additional new drugs: Indications and dosages
How to download Nursing 2021 Drug Handbook PDF Free with a direct google drive link
You can download this nursing book in pdf format with single click just click on the download here button. The file will start downloading automatically in case it doest not start then please refresh the page or try after some time.
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we’re sharing content with our visitors only for educational purposes. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove content visit our contact us page & DMCS.