Mass spectrometry (MS) imaging techniques are often used without understanding their underlying principles, making it difficult for scientists to determine when and how to use MS to visualize their biomolecules of interest. Introduction to Spatial Mapping of Biomolecules by Imaging Mass Spectrometry pdf free is an essential reference work to help scientists determine the status and strategies of biomolecule analysis and describe its many applications to different classes of biomolecules.
Introduction to Spatial Mapping of Biomolecules by Imaging Mass Spectrometry provides a foundation for MS imaging knowledge by introducing ionization sources, sample preparation, visualization guidelines, molecule identification, quantification, data analysis, etc. The second section contains chapters that focus on case studies analyzing a biomolecular class of molecules. Case studies include an introduction/background and summary of successful MS imaging studies with illustrative numbers and future directions.
|Book Name||Introduction to Spatial Mapping of Biomolecules by Imaging Mass Spectrometry|
|Category||Medical books free|
Mass spectrometry (MS) imaging techniques is a technology that can be used to study the chemical composition of biological samples. It is a technique used in many different fields, including medicine, biology and chemistry.
Imaging mass spectrometry (MS) is an analytical technique that can visualize the distribution of molecules using a tool called a mass spectrometer. In the case of biological samples, the molecules visualized include all types that can be detected by the mass spectrometer, such as metabolites, drugs, lipids, peptides, and proteins. A mass spectrometer is an analysis tool that can measure the mass-to-charge ratio (m/z) of ions of molecules detected in a sample. Molecular analysis of bulk biological samples is performed after the sample has been homogenized, extracted or processed according to the molecule of interest. The processed aliquot is injected into liquid chromatography for separation. The separated molecules are ionized using an electrospray mechanism and detected by a mass spectrometer.
The detected m/z ion intensities are assigned to molecules and examined for the presence of one or more molecules or their up/down regulation. This generic bulk analysis workflow template is commonly used in all MS-based omics analysis such as metabolomics, proteomics, quantitative and qualitative molecular analysis. Such bulk tissue analysis can provide information about the identity and concentration of the molecule of interest in a bulk sample, but does not provide insight into the position of a molecule within the sample. In the MS imaging workflow, a thin slice of tissue is cut instead of homogenizing the piece of tissue.
Topics of this Edition
Introduction to Spatial Mapping of Biomolecules by Imaging Mass Spectrometry pdf free has the following chapters
1. Fundamentals of imaging mass spectrometry
2. Ionization sources for imaging mass spectrometry
3. Sample preparation for imaging mass spectrometry
4. Tissue sectioning for imaging mass spectrometry
5. Matrix for matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI)
6. Molecule identification approaches in imaging mass spectrometry
7. Strategies for quantitative imaging mass spectrometry
8. Spatial resolution of imaging mass spectrometry
9. Visualization in imaging mass spectrometry
10. Data analysis and computation for imaging mass spectrometry
11. Multimodal imaging mass spectrometry
12. Validation and standardization of imaging mass spectrometry
13. Toward clinical imaging mass spectrometry
14. Imaging mass spectrometry: endogenous mammalian metabolites
15. Imaging mass spectrometry: Glycans
16. Imaging mass spectrometry: steroids mapping using on-tissue chemical derivatization
17. Imaging mass spectrometry: neurotransmitter distribution using reactive matrix and chemical derivatization
18. Imaging mass spectrometry: small drugs and metabolites in tissue
19. Imaging mass spectrometry: gangliosides in brain tissue
How to download
Here is the method how ot download Introduction to Spatial Mapping of Biomolecules by Imaging Mass Spectrometry for educatoial purposes. Just click on the button and downloading will start automatically.
This books is provided to download free only for students and educational purposes. We recommed to buy original ebook or hardcopy from the respected authors.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you buy from my given links.