This one-of-a-type take a look at prep manual lets you get to recognize cloth at the pharmacology shelf examination and the USMLE Step 1; exercise with 500 USMLE Step 1-fashion questions with referenced answers; assessment motives for proper and incorrect answers; and construct confidence, skills, and knowledge, and you can download Pharmacology: PreTest Self-Assessment and Review 12th Edition Pdf Free with google drive link.
Marshal Shlafer is the author of this medical book. A speaker at Grand Rounds is summarizing the literature on a very small subset of patients who develop acute hemolytic disease in response to drug therapy. The causative agents included common antimalarial drugs (chloroquine, quinine, and especially primaquine); cardiovascular drugs (hydralazine, procainamide, quinidine); and various antimicrobials (chloramphenicol, nitrofurantoin, sulfonamide antibiotics).
Table of Contents
|Book Name||PreTest Pharmacology 12th Edition|
|Author of Book||Marshal Shlafer|
Welcome to this, the 12th edition, of Pharmacology: PreTestTM Self-Assessment and Review. I’m pleased to have been invited back to do this edition after doing the 11th. Whether you’re studying for Step 1 of the USMLE or for a course exam that includes pharmacology content, I think you’ll find this helpful. Among the changes here you’ll find are:
- Over 200 new or extensively revised questions, most based on clinical vignettes or scenarios, and nearly all pretested on hundreds of first- and second-year medical students.
- Many more questions in the format you’ll likely see on Step 1 of the USMLE
- A better blend of questions that integrate your basic pharmacology knowledge with clinical applications, and with information from other basic preclinical disciplines.
- More integration of question content between the various areas of pharmacology and therapeutics. This is a general “build upon the base” approach in which questions in later chapters encourage you to integrate new material with content presented earlier.
- Clearer explanations for why correct answers are correct and the others aren’t
- Updates of cross-references to major pharmacology text cross-reference in the answers so you can easily find additional information or explanations if you wish.
Topics of this Edition:
This 12 Edition of Pharmacology pretest series contains the following topics
- General Principles
- The Peripheral Nervous Systems: Autonomic and Somatic
- The Central Nervous System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Renal System and Diuretics
- The Respiratory System: Asthma and COPD
- Local Control Substances: Autacoids and Drugs for Inflammatory Processes
- The Gastrointestinal System and Nutrition
- The Endocrine System, Uterine Stimulants and Relaxants
- Cancer Chemotherapy and Immunosuppressants
Study Tips, and How to Use This Book:
Check Other Pharmacology Books here