If we talk about human biology the Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness is one of the best book for medical students. The 9th Edition of Ross and Wilson covers each chapter dealing with “normal” anatomy and physiology ends with a brief section on diseases that explains what happens when the “normal” goes wrong. The text provides the essential fundamentals of understanding for all students of health-related courses.
Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness 9th Edition PDF included
- Carefully refined, clear and unambiguous text
- The excellent layout ensures that text and relevant images are close together
- Very well illustrated with clear line diagrams, mostly in color
- The text uses regular sequences of headings, lists, and bullet points to aid in learning and revising.
- Learning outcomes are given at the beginning of each chapter
- Eliminates unnecessary details that may confuse the new student
- Learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter
- New team of authors – both teaching and aware of the needs of today’s students, but both trained by the original author in the “craft” of writing in the style that has proven so popular in this book.
|Book Name||Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness|
|Author of Book||Anne Waugh, Allison Grant|
Ross and Wilson has been a central text for anatomy and physiology students for nearly 40 years. This latest edition is aimed at health professionals including nurses, nursing students, medical-related professions students, paramedics, paramedics, and complementary therapists. It maintains the simple approach to describing body systems and how they work, and normal anatomy and physiology are followed by a section that addresses common disorders and diseases: pathology.
The human body is described system by system. The reader must remember, however, that physiology is an integrated topic and that, although the systems are considered in separate chapters, they must all work together for the human body to function as a healthy unit. The first three chapters give an overview of the body and describe its main components. A new introduction to the biochemistry section has been added and forms the basis for a deeper understanding of body functions.
Topics of this Edition:
Common prefixes, suffixes and roots
I. The body and its constituents
1. Introduction to the human body
2. Introduction to the chemistry of life
3. The cells, tissues and organisation of the body
4. The blood
5. The cardiovascular system
6. The lymphatic system
7. The nervous system
8. The special senses
9. The endocrine system
III. Intake of raw materials and elimination of waste
10. The respiratory system
11. Introduction to nutrition
12. The digestive system
13. The urinary system
IV. Protection and survival
14. The skin
15. Resistance and immunity
16. The skeleton
17. The joints
18. The muscular system
19. The reproductive systems
Key Features of Ross and Wilson 9th Edition:
- Contains helpful learning features such as learning outcome boxes, colour coding and design icons along with an impressive collection of illustrations and photographs
- Contains clear explanations of common prefixes, suffixes and roots, with helpful examples from the text as well as a glossary and an appendix of biological normal values.
- Particularly valuable for students who are completely new to the subject or who are returning to their studies after an absence, as well as for everyone whose mother tongue is not English.