Spine Secrets 3rd Edition pdf – For over 30 years, the Highly Secrets Secret Series has provided students and practitioners with concise, focused, and engaging resources for brief reference and exam review in all areas of healthcare. Spine Secrets Plus, third edition by Dr. Vincent J. Devlin, presents a popular Q&A format of secrets that includes lists, tables, pearls, memory aids and an easy-to-read style – inquiry, reference, and review quick, easy and enjoyable.
The proven Secrets Seriesformat gives you the most return for your time – brief, simple to peruse, connecting with, and exceptionally powerful.
Completely changed and refreshed all through, including conventions and rules that are consistently developing and that inexorably direct accepted procedures.
The extended PLUS format incorporates expanded inclusion, a bigger format, bright visual components, and bigger, definite pictures and representations to give an in general upgraded learning experience.
Stay at the forefront of the subtleties of spine medical procedure and related specialities with refreshes on new methods and advances, just as changing therapy alternatives and medication information.
Top 100 Secrets and Key Points boxes give a quick outline of the secrets you should know for accomplishment practically speaking and on tests.
Focus in on key information with bulleted records, memory aides, and commonsense tips from unmistakable subject matter experts – all giving a compact outline of significant, board-applicable substance.
Versatile size makes it simple to convey with you for fast reference or audit anyplace, anytime.
Upgraded eBook variant included with buy. Your improved eBook permits you to get to the entirety of the content, figures, and references from the book on an assortment of gadgets.
Spine Secrets 3rd Edition pdf free download detail is given below
|Book Name||Spine Secrets|
|Author of Book||VINCENT J. DEVLIN, MD, FAAOS|
Spinal Secrets PDF Free Download 3rd Edition -Although spinal cord injury is a common condition that requires medical attention, identifying better ways to diagnose and manage it is a challenge ۔ ۔ Rapid advances in the field of spinal cord injury have opened up new avenues for the diagnosis and treatment of infected patients. Orthopaedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, Radiology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Critical Medicine, Pediatrics, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Rheumatology, Infectious Diseases, Pathology, and Psychiatry In features. Diagnosing and treating patients with spinal cord injuries on a daily basis.
Knowledge of current concepts related to spinal cord injury is essential for proper diagnosis, referral and treatment. The goal of Spinal Mystery is to provide extensive coverage of a wide range of spinal diseases at the introductory level, using the proven and timely question and answer format of the Mystery Series. The book covers common conditions encountered during the diagnosis and treatment of spinal cord patients. Topics are arranged to provide the basics of spinal anatomy, clinical diagnosis, spinal imaging, and non-operative and operative management of common spinal disorders.
There is a complete list of disorders affecting the cervix, breast and spinal cord in pediatric and adult patients, including digestive conditions of bones, fractures, spinal cord, tumours, infections and systemic problems such as osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis. This information will benefit the reader in clinics and operating rooms as well as inpatient cycles. The book is not intended to provide comprehensive coverage of specific topics, which is the domain of major textbooks and specialized courses. However, it is hoped that readers will be encouraged to read more about spinal cord injury, as indicated by the Internet resources and references at the end of each chapter. This book requires a required audience and any healthcare provider is interested in advancing their knowledge and understanding of spinal cord injury from anyone: medical students, residents, orthopaedics and neurologists. Surgery spine, nurses, physiotherapists, physiotherapists and chiropractors and exercise therapists. . The book may be of interest to biomedical engineers, medical researchers, hospital administrators, lawyers, workers’ compensation professionals, medical instrument and regulatory professionals, as well as patients with spinal cord injuries.
Topics of this 3rd Edition:
Spine Secrets 3rd Edition pdf contains following topics:-
- REGIONAL SPINAL ANATOMY
- CLINICAL EVALUATION OF THE SPINE PATIENT
- SPINAL IMAGING
- ASSESSMENT AND NONSURGICAL MANAGEMENT OF SPINAL DISORDERS
- SURGICAL INDICATIONS AND PERIOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT OF THE SPINE PATIENT
- BASIC SPINAL PROCEDURES, SURGICAL APPROACHES, AND SPINAL INSTRUMENTATION
- PEDIATRIC SPINAL DEFORMITIES AND SPINAL DISORDERS
- DEGENERATIVE DISORDERS OF THE ADULT SPINE
- ADULT SPINAL DEFORMITIES
- SPINAL TRAUMA
- SYSTEMIC PROBLEMS AFFECTING THE SPINAL COLUMN
- EMERGING SPINAL TECHNOLOGIES
Some Questions from Spinal Secret:
Follwoing are some question from spine Secrets third edition
1. Describe the bony landmarks of the occiput.
The occiput forms the posterior osseous covering for the cerebellum. The foramen magnum is the opening
through which the spinal cord joins the brainstem. The anterior border of the foramen magnum is termed the basion (clivus), and the posterior border is termed the opisthion. The inion or external occipital protuberance is the midline region of the occiput where the bone is greatest in thickness. The superior and inferior nuchal lines extend laterally and distally from the inion. The transverse sinus is located in close proximity to the pinion.
The area in the midline below the inion is an ideal location for screw insertion for occipital fixation as it is the thickest portion of the occiput.
2. What is meant by typical and atypical cervical vertebrae?
C3, C4, C5, and C6 are defined as typical cervical vertebrae because they share common structural characteristics. In contrast, C1 (atlas), C2 (axis), and C7 (vertebra prominent) possess unique structural and functional features and are therefore termed atypical cervical vertebrae.
3. Describe a typical thoracic vertebra.
T1 and T10 through T12 possess unique anatomic features due to their transitional location between the cervicothoracic and thoracolumbar spinal regions, respectively. Thoracic vertebra two through nine are termed typical thoracic vertebra because they share common structural features (Fig. 2.1):
• Vertebral body: Heart-shaped in cross-section. Posterior vertebral height exceeds anterior vertebral height, resulting in a wedged shape of the vertebral body when viewed in the lateral plane. This wedge shape
contributes to the kyphotic alignment in the thoracic region.
• Costovertebral articulations: The lateral surface of the vertebral body has both superior and inferior facets for articulation with adjacent ribs.
• Costotransverse articulation: Rib articulation with the transverse process of a vertebra.
• Vertebral arch: Formed by laminae and two pedicles, which support seven processes:
Spinous process (1)
Transverse processes (2)
Superior articular processes (2)
Inferior articular processes (2)
4. How does the evaluation of a patient with a spine complaint begin?
A complete history and physical examination are performed. The purpose of the history and physical examination is to make a provisional diagnosis that is confirmed by subsequent testing as medically indicated.
5. What are the basic elements of an examination of any spinal region?
• Range of motion (ROM)
• Neurologic examination
• Evaluation of related areas (e.g., shoulder, elbow, and wrist joints; scapula; supraclavicular area)
- Antibiotic Basics for Clinicians (2nd Ed) Free PDF Download
- Psychopharmacology for Nonpsychiatrists: A Primer (1st Ed) Download free pdf
- Brown and Mulholland’s Drug Calculations-Elsevier (12th ed) Free PDF Download
- Advanced ENT training: A guide to passing the FRCS (ORL-HNS) examination (MasterPass) PDF Free Download
- Microneuroanatomy and Surgery (1st Ed.) Book Free Download